Tuesday 12 June 2012

How Little We Know

What do I say to an adult who asks me why I would risk the economy over protecting, say, a forest. People need houses to live in, land to harvest, to exploit, to accommodate the exponentially growing global population. Why hug the trees?

We don't know alot about nature. We have learned a fantastic volume of it, but we do not understand all of it. Our ignorance should not call for manipulation of nature, rather of awe, wonder, reverence, and preservation of it. If nature provides what we need to live, why sacrifice it for the "economy".

What is worth more: money or the entire planet?



I am a teenager. I don't know much about politics, economics, history, not even that much about geography, biology, and other sectors of science. But I do understand that human life depends on the earth, on its natural resources: air, food, water, and shelter. We can't have those things if we keep on destroying and polluting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment